Monday, August 13, 2012

Since I really should be working, but don't feel like it, I thought I'd answer a question that my readers pose a lot.   actually, I've only been asked this once.  But the previous statement is still legitimate because that's about what my readership amounts to now...one!

When do you find time to write?

I thought I'd post my daily schedule to give you an idea.

6:00 AM My alarm goes off (Jon gets out of bed).  This is when I should get up, but instead I relish in my now huge bed.  I stretch my limbs and close my eyes and sleep until it's just not possible any more because Rosie woke up.
7:30-8:00 AM  Wake up.  Eat Breakfast.  Read Scriptures.  Feed Rosie.  Do Dishes...blah, blah, blah
10:00 AM Chores in immediate need of attendance are done! Yeah!  Open computer and stare at page.
10:05 AM   Yup.  Still staring at page, so I check Facebook, email, and the bank to make sure I still have money to buy groceries.  Yup.  Still do.  Good.  I really like to eat.
10:30 AM  Wow!  I hadn't meant to waste that much time.  Better get to work.  But first I need a song to inspire me.
10:40 AM  Okay.  Perfect.  I'm in a rhythm.  Who-hoo!  100 words and they're flowing.
10:45 AM   Rosie needs  a drink.
10:50 AM   15 words later and Rosie needs a snack.
11:00 AM    Hayden screams, "WHEN'S LUNCH!!!!  COME FEED ME LUNCH!!!!!"  I sigh, and go give her a little bag of carrots or a gogurt.  Lunch isn't for an hour!
11:05 AM   Writing Again
11:10 AM    Rosie needs lunch, so I feed her lunch and check Facebook again while I feed her yogurt.
11:20 AM    Writing
11:25 AM    All the kids are whining.  I give up.  Lunch for all.
12:00  PM   Rosie goes down for a nap.  Suddenly I realize I am still in my PJ's.  Take a quick shower and get dressed.
12:30  PM   Write!!!! Write!!!!  Write!!!! Things look good until...
2:00    PM    I've finished the chapter, but don't have a good hook to start the next.  Time for Facebook and email and the blue boards (an online community for writer's.)
2:20   PM     I have an idea!  Write three sentences then Rosie wakes up screaming.
3:00   PM     Snack for Rosie and the rest of the kids.
3:30-5:00 PM  Pool Time!!!!!
5:15-6:30 Circulate between cooking dinner, comforting Rosie, and breaking up arguments.
7:00  Jon comes home!  Yeah!  I do dishes, change into my PJ's again (don't judge me) and get to work.
10:00 PM After a good three hours of hopefully uninterrupted writing, I can finally go to sleep.  Except I can't sleep because all I can think about is how that first kiss is going to come about when I write the next chapter tomorrow.

If you are wondering when I do the rest of my chores, I can answer that for you in two easy words...I don't!

disclaimer...no, I do not live in filth.  In fact, I have a hard time working if things are not cleaned and vacuumed, and more than anything in this world I hate a smelly bathroom or unsanitary kitchen counters.  That's why I married Jon, so he could do it all for me.



1 comment:

  1. So with ya on all of this, lady! My kids are becoming really great cleaners too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete