Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I love my toes!

Yesterday, as I was clipping my toenails, my sweet Rose came to me.  Just as I thought to myself, "Huh, my toes don't look nearly as bad as I expected them to!" She said, "Oh, Mommy!  Let me kiss your feet!"  I know she meant because they were so broken looking.  But I chose to think of it in a different way.

I am a goddess.

I ran 26.2 miles in one sitting...er...running.  I trained for 18 weeks, pushing through niggling pains, pulled muscles, dead legs, and early, early mornings.  Sure, there was the occasional crazy fast run that made me feel like I was flying, but those mornings were far and few between.  But still, I persevered.

Thank you, toes.  Thank you for letting me do this to you. Thank you, Rosie, for recognizing the divine power in my toes.  Go ahead, kiss them, bow to them.

My toes are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment