Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Finally!

I think I've hit a breakthrough with my postpartum depression and anxiety.

Cub Scout Day Camp was last week.  Last year, I couldn't sleep for weeks before.  This year, I decided to not stress and I didn't.  If you've ever known anyone with depression or anxiety then you'll know that saying "Don't stress about it" is futile.  I promise, I wanted to be able to control my emotions.  I just couldn't.  But this year, I could.  And it felt good.

PPD is something I've been wanting to write about for a while.  I just don't know where to begin.  I will take this issue up soon.  Hopefully my experience will help someone.  Just know, that you if recently had a baby or are pregnant, and you don't feel right.  If you feel sad or helpless or even feel like you don't love your baby--YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  Yes, I did just yell.  You are not.  Get help. Don't be embarrassed.  PPD is treatable.  Don't let it take over your life.  You will get better.

1 comment: