Monday, May 26, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything

"Our Nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met."--from the Korean War Memorial

Happy Memorial Day.  A Big Thank You to all the men and women in this world who fight for freedom.

I am so grateful for all the members of the military, but especially my Papa and Grandaddy.

My Papa served in Okinawa.  He was a chaplain during WWII.  He had the heart of a warrior and the soul of a poet.
My Granddaddy served as a paratrooper (among other things) during the Korean War.    Bill Bone was a man of honor and integrity.  He was also the best Grandaddy in the whole wide world.
We've been having a blast the past few days.  Hanging at the Pool...




Going to the zoo...




 Falling down the stairs, and breaking our arms, and having emergency surgery...


Oh, wait!  That was not fun.  But it certainly was an adventure.  I did manage to make dinner once or twice this week.  Mac & Cheese or Ramen anyone?


I also cleaned my closet.  This was not fun, nor was it an adventure, but it was certainly rewarding.


And this little Crawdad was running down the street with us for a bit.  We also saw the most beautiful sunrise and a duck chased us for a bit.  At least it wasn't a skunk. (I've come across those before on the run.)



Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment