Monday, April 7, 2014

10K training begins

I ran my first official 10k ever on Saturday.  I intended for it to be a starting point on my new training journey.  I know what I can give without 10k specific training, and now I'll see what I can do with.  Exact goals have yet to be determined.

I am basically doing the Run Less, Run Faster program.  The title is deceiving because you don't really run much less, just fewer days per week.  This is great for a runner like me.  No matter what my speed, I start to get injured when I run more than two days in a row.

Today was Day One.  I ran 1 mile warm up followed by 2 miles at 8:26, and ended with one mile cool down.  Then I did lunges, strides, sit-ups, pushups, and planks.  After I finish the laundry, I'm going to do some barre work.

My legs are still a little sore from the race so I expected to really have to dig deep.  That was not the case.  I wouldn't have called it easy, maybe medium?  I think a 5 or 6 on the RPE chart (rate of perceived exertion).

My first track workout of the season will be this week.  I'm a little scared.  More scared of that, then the work that needs to go into my new book.  That's pretty scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment