Friday, April 18, 2014

Run Less Run Faster, week 1-2 Review

First off, I always want to say Run Less, Run Longer.  It makes no sense.  Except it does, because the weekly milage is about the same as other plans 10k plans, just you do it in fewer days.

Week One--
Tempo--4 m at 8:26, Right on.  RPE of 6
Speed--8X400m at 1:52, plus mile warm-up and cool-down.  I was right on or just under most intervals.  It was a hard workout, but felt good.
Tempo 2--6@8:53, plus hills.  We did this workout up the only hills that exist in my neighborhood.  This made it a lot harder than it should've been.  Splits were like, 940, 930, 850, 828, 813, 830.  So kind of all over the place.

Week Two--

Tempo--1 wu, 2 fast, 1 easy, 2 fast, 1 easy  This week was kind of crazy.  My husband was out of town, so I had to get creative with my running buddy.  We did a child swap for this run.  When I went it was 75 and 100 percent humidity.  Not cool.  I managed to make all my paces (tempo miles at 8:26) but it was hard and I was hot.  I peed my pants.  No lie.  I guess now I won't have to worry about peeing during a marathon.  Been there.  Done that.  Practiced in training.

Tempo 2--7 @856, finished with 7 @848.  This run felt easy.  I was so relaxed.  Maybe that had something to do with the 55 degree temperature and nice cool breeze.

Speed--5x800 at 3:49.  I was a bit off.  I couldn't get my splits right.  I wanted to either go a few seconds slower or faster.  Last split was 339 and I still had more in the tank.  Could've kicked out few more.  Maybe it was my new NB WRC5000?  Ran a total of 5 miles, plus my daily strength activities.

I'm starting to be able to feel my paces better.  I really have to learn how to relax when things get hard.  This plan certainly makes things feel hard on every run.  That's good.  I like pushing myself to the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment